In this Lightning Talk, Peter Liu, manager of Broadcom’s Centralized Tools team, will discuss how their teams used a data-led approach to accelerate CI/CD efforts supporting over 600 engineers with over several thousand daily Jenkins jobs. Broadcom used data in a multi-phased approach to reduce overall CI/CD failures by over 35% while also reducing the resources needed to manage it.
Peter will discuss how Broadcom attained this success by following this 5-step process and the tooling and types of analytics that helped them achieve success:
- Understand the reason for failures
- Identify the teams and/or individuals responsible for addressing the issues
- Estimate the economic impact of failures to prioritize action
- Automate follow-up action to reduce manual inputs
- Track the impact of changes