I don't want to say, “I told you so,” but ... over the years, I have said many times that the reason I got into DevOps was that I thought it was the best thing for security. At first, both the DevOps community and the security folks were reluctant to realize and acknowledge this. But now, almost 10 years later, it is becoming a more acceptable opinion. DevOps must have security baked in. Whether you put a Sec in between Dev and Ops is up to you, but security is here to stay as part of the DevOps way.
- Is security that important to DevOps that all DevOps is DevSecOps?
- How does this manifest itself in the software supply chain and dev process?
- OK, I agree, DevOps is DevSecOps, what does this mean for Devs? For Ops? For Sec?
- How do we all play on the same team?
- What can DevOps/DevSecOps vendors do to make this better?
David DeSanto - GitLab
Suzie Prince - Atlassian
Shawn Ahmed - CloudBees
Kobi Tzruya - Checkmarx
Gal Marder - JFrog