As we step into the eleventh year of the term "DevOps", it is now mainstream in most organizations. It makes its way into strategy and board meetings, CIO presentations, press releases and success parties. While most of the organizations just scratch the surface, there is a lot to take on when it comes to any transformation initiative, especially speed and stability. Organizations have realized that hundreds of deployments do not matter, rather, what matters is the "value" to the customer. In this presentation, BMK will share insights on the state of the enterprise, reflecting on how pressure is put more on IT to deliver value faster. However, the rest of the organization's operations and processes --including funding -- are still catching up. Value Stream Management helps to overcome this enterprise disconnect: in the following ways:
* Instead of working to achieve individual goals, we work toward organizational goals.
* Instead of working against each other, we all work together to achieve better customer and business outcomes.
*Instead of focusing just on project timeline and budget, we work toward delivering value. *Instead of mapping our strategy to structure, we work toward regrouping and organizing our teams to map our strategy around customer and value.
BMK's talk will cover:
* Optimizing the organizational functions and processes flow.
* Making the work and flow visible to everyone.
* Measure what matters with the help of flow metrics
* Make doing the right thing the easy thing.
BMK's known for speaking from the heart as he shares his real-time experiences, learnings and his perspective as a practitioner with the wider community to amplify the community learning experience.