It seems like the dream of DevOps and CI/CD in the modern software world is to get to a point where you deploy to production 15 times a day. But is that really feasible? Is that even necessary for your applications?
Today, automation is not about speed of release but about ensuring a smooth, painless operation. Teams use automation to ensure that they're ready when the time comes and aren’t exposing risks or accidentally creating more steps. When teams are getting ready to deploy to production, they face a number of critical considerations, including:
- Understanding dependencies between application downtimes and user frequency.
- Knowing the right time to deploy with legacy code and understanding what internal systems are impacted.
- Raining, which adds time and resources.
- Frequently having to explain new features and functions which makes it difficult for anyone to keep up.
In this session, we will walk through realistic goals and approaches to deploying to production faster and setting your team up for the potential to build once and deploy anywhere. We will discuss how creating smaller outage windows and small changes will help teams deliver faster while keeping systems and applications up and running.
In this talk, attendees will learn:
- How to successfully deploy faster
- How to automate deployments safely and efficiently
- How to align your DevOps team for CI/CD optimization