Once relegated to the fringes of high-flying startups, the idea of distributing the ownership of the complete build-and-run life cycle to delivery teams is finally catching on in the enterprise. Let’s look at why 2022 is the year that “you build it, you run it” goes mainstream. First, we’ll review the undeniable business drivers behind this dramatic change in operations models. Next, we’ll examine how to leverage the supporting technologies and trends that culminate in enabling “you build it, you run it” to become a practical reality (and what work remains).
Purpose: Highlight why high-performing companies are moving toward "you build it, you run it" operating models, how they are doing it and why everyone should be paying attention to this trend.
- The business drivers and proven benefits of "you build it, you run it" models -Overview of the operating trends that are enabling this shift (DevOps, SRE, platform engineering)
- Overview of enabling technology trends (cloud-native architectures, observability, self-service operations)
- A persuasive argument for "you build it, you run it" that you can share with colleagues
- An understanding of enabling trends making "you build it you run it" a practical possibility
- Where to direct attention and investments to capitalize on this opportunity to improve organizational performance